Friday, July 26, 2013

Losing my Virginity

I have been talking about this for months now but here is me taking the plunge, exposing myself publicly (oh la la) and admitting that Yis dammit (said in STRONG kiwi Accent)  I have some interesting stuff going on and I am going to write about and share it. It seems like a rather grand thing and my ego is screaming "who do you think you are" !? Next step will be actually sharing this blog...yikes!

So throwing yourself out of your comfort zone has got a lot of benefits, pretty steep ol personal growth is a good side effect... you also get pretty good at seeing value and meaning in lots of little things...
Take yesterday - biking back from a beach bar in the afternoon light i realized 3 things....

1) If you are stuck where you are "doing" your work, move... leave your desk - find a place with a view (ideally a glass of wine... or strong espresso)...essentially change your geography, move your body... a different perspective can unlock where you were previously stuck. Staying put when you are stuck and frustrated just makes you a victim

2) Small bugs are a pain in the ass at the best of the times but when they fly in your mouth at 15 km an hour they are even more so... lesson - you can still enjoy life by keeping your mouth shut (aka being silent)... sometimes it is you know just better to keep your mouth shut

3) You can enjoy the finer things in life if you seek out and find what I have coined the chip-to-cycle ratio. I have had a plate of fries every second day for the last week i think ( i get sick of curry ok!!) and still have managed to stay the same weight... I cannot say what the ratio is exactly but god damn happy i found it!Its about balance - don't be a purest... purists are boring but do keep your noticing switched on in order to find your magic chip-to-cycle ratio ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment